Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 18 - OK City to Baxter Springs, KS to Joplin, MO to Little Rock, AR
















Not much going on on Tuesday other than a lot of riding. I didn't have anything in particular that I really, really wanted to see, other than maybe Branson, MO, but that was too far out of the way and would have added more miles than I was comfortable with for one day, so I just meandered through Tulsa, then exited the Will Rogers Turnpike at Miami, OK, the capital for 6+ native American tribes in the area. From there I followed old Route 66 off and on into Baxter Springs, KS and then into Joplin, MO. Then it was south into Arkansas, through Bentonville, Fayetteville, and then east to North Little Rock. I had originally put Little Rock on my itinerary so I could see the Clinton Presidential Center and the Central High School National Historic Site, where schools were first desegregated after Brown v. Board of Education, but since both of them closed at 5, before I got there, I figured I could use the extra rest. The temperature had climbed back into the 90s and I was pretty tired from riding all day. Called it an early night so I'd be fresh for the early morning ride to Memphis.

No comments:

Post a Comment